Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

EXO-K Baek Hyun For Newsen


"I'm trying to use less eyeliner now"

EXO-K’s Baekhyun, his full name is Byun Baekhyun, he’s born on May 6th, 1992, his blood type is O, he’s 19 years old, his specialities are hapkido and piano.

EXO-K’s main vocal Baekhyun entered the company through SM’s casting system in 2011, he got to debut directly as an EXO-K member in 2012. Taking in consideration that with the EXO 100 days promotion period, they got known to the public starting from 2011’s later half so as soon as he became a trainee he learnt surprisingly that he was directly going to debut.

“How I felt when I joined the debuting team even though my training period was short? I felt that I was lacking and even if it was a short period I had to work hard to enter that team. I was happy because my efforts paid”

When people heard Baekhyun’s singing voice for the first time through the promotion teasers and the single, a lot of them thought of SM’s exclusive producer Yoo Youngjin.

“There are people who feel like our voices are similar but some people told me they weren’t. I personally think that it’s not exactly the same as Yoo Youngjin director. I don’t know if it sounds similar but it’s an honor to hear that”

When we asked Baekhyun who he admired as a singer, Rain’s name unexpectedly came up. Baekhyun said “Rain senior has the performance, the singing skills, he can act and when he appears in variety he’s funny too. I want to learn this well-rounded side. The reason why I was determined to become a singer at first is also Rain senior” he revealed his wish of becoming a singer that has everything from the singing skills, to the performance and the variety skills too.

We asked to main vocal Baekhyun if he had any problems to sing while pulling off a fierce performance for ‘MAMA’ which has a SMP genre.

“I have to sing and dance at the same time, so I have to have a deep breathing, because of that U-Know Yunho senior gave us tips. He told us to run and sing in the practice room so we were turning around in the practice room while singing, that’s how we improved our breathing capacity”

Also when talking about Baekhyun, you can’t put aside the eyeliner. During the interview, Baekhyun had a light eye make-up, when we brought up the eyeliner subject he replied while laughing embarrassingly “I’m trying to use less eyeliner now”. When we told him he had a really heavy eyeliner on broadcast he said “Depending on the outfits and the harmony with the members I draw it either heavily or lightly. Because I use a lot of eyeliner, I can erase it even better than most women” and “It’s a relief our fans said it fitted me well”.

When we asked Baekhyun if he wanted to say something lastly, he enthusiastically said “Write ‘Because we’re rookies, we’re still not used to the cameras so we can’t show you much of us but after some time I will show you Baekhyunnie’s well-rounded image so I hope you will look forward to it’ please”


source: newsen
translation cr; emilie @ exok-trans

No comments:

Post a Comment