Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 12, 2012

EXO-K For Oh My Star (Members)



D.O

Born in 1993, D.O (Real name: Do Kyungsoo) is a boy who likes to sing. He won a singing competition during high school, was cast thereafter and debuted as an EXO-K member after training for two years. To enter SM Entertainment, he only sang ballads such as Na Yoon Kwon’s ‘Anticipation’ or Brown Eyed Soul’s ‘My Story’ but listening to various songs made him want to dance.

D.O is friends with BTOB’s Im Hyunshik who debuted around a similar period. The two of them even met during music programs. D.O explained “When we were still at school we would meet because we used to sing to each other but now, we both realized our dream.” and “I now see (Hyunshik) on music programs so it feels weird”. He then added “I am really happy to be able to sing on stage and receive the audience’s cheers” and “Even though I am still lacking, I will work hard”.


Kai

This is Kai (Real name: Kim Jongin) who was born in January 1994 and firmly believes he can teleport. He started learning jazz dance and ballet in grade 2 and after watching <The Nutcracker> in grade 4 he planned to major in ballet. His turning point was ‘Shinhwa’. Kai decided to become a singer after watching his Shinhwa seniors dance and auditioned for the first time in grade 6 to finally get accepted during his second year of middle school.

“I think the base of all dances can be found in ballet and jazz dance so I recommended [these two dances] to the other members”. Kai added “When I first entered the company, I learned popping and locking but it was really awkward during the first two months” and “Fortunately, I found my balance after practicing”. When asked to pick who were the members with the most talent in dance, Kai chosed Sehun, Baekhyun and D.O.


Sehun

Sehun (Real name: Oh Sehun) was born in April 1994 and is EXO-K’s maknae. Cast in the streets during grade 6, he went through auditions four times in two years and became an SM Entertainment trainee during his second year of middle school. The very shy Sehun who always covers his face started to get more into dance after hearing his dance trainers’ say “You are talented. Try doing it well”.

“Even now, I am still surprised to see myself on TV” Sehun revealed. When asked about what changed after his debut, he replied “I look into the mirror a lot”. He added that he would look into the mirror before going on stage and before meeting his fans. Sehun then finally concluded “I am also more careful when it comes to my behavior”.







Suho

Suho (Real name: Kim Junmyeon) was born in 1991, he’s majoring in acting at Korea National University Of Arts, he dreamt of being a singer since elementary school. He planned to chase his dream for real when he was to enter university but he got through SM Entertainment’s audition at 16 years old and started to train then. He’s also the member with the longest training period in EXO-K.

Suho who overcame silently these long 7 years said “I was thinking that my chance was eventually going to come someday so I gave my best and prepared myself” and “The time I waited wasn’t hard”. With his positive personality, he strived to not lose confidence. Suho explained “As much as I was striving, I was second to none” and “I’m of the style to work hard, even for small things”.


Baekhyun

Baekhyun (Real name: Byun Baekhyun) was born in 1992, he started to dream of becoming a singer since 6th year of elementary school, while looking at Rain. During high school (Jungwon high school), as he was in the school’s band, he participated in a rock festival and won the best award, after that he joined SM through street casting as he was preparing for the practical music entrance examination.

His entrance examination’s style was quite different from dancing singers’ ‘way to sing’. Baekhyun expressed the difficulties he had at that time “I had to start and go back to vocalizations” and“Changing the singing style in itself was hard. And when I entered the company, it was the first time I learnt dancing”. But he said that since now he was able to dance and sing on stage, and communicate with the fans up close, he was happier than anyone else. Baekhyun said “When I hear the cheers, I get goosebumps all over my body and even forget how tired I am”.


Chanyeol

Chanyeol (Real name: Park Chanyeol) appeared once during high school in SNSD’s Japanese MV ‘Genie’, he’s born in 1992. Chanyeol, who liked music ever since elementary school, fell for drums when he watched the movie <School Of Rock>. Using this skill as his basis, he formed a band and performed. At 16 years old he entered an acting private institute and as he was preparing, he entered SM Entertainment during high school.

The members of the band he was playing with during high school have all dispersed. Chanyeol said while smiling “During school, I was waiting only for festivals or competitions but now that I receive applause and interest each time I get on all these stages, I’m happy and enjoying it every day”. Chanyeol added “My dream of becoming an idol was only in my heart but I was able to challenge it as I sought for my opportunity” and “I’m tall and my body isn’t flexible either so learning to dance was the hardest of all the things’. His father who had once dreamt of becoming a singer is now Chanyeol’s reliable supporter.



source: oh my news
translation cr; emilie @ exok-trans

No comments:

Post a Comment